The Berkeley Square Hotel
Not only is the Berkeley Square Hotel in Bristol, one of the best boutique hotels in the UK for under £100 (fifth according to the Guardian), it's also Bristol's finest and the city's first Art Hotel. Recently recommended as the place to stay in Bristol in the Sunday Telegraph.
Boutique Bristol Hotel
The Berkeley Square Hotel is nestled into Bristol's finest Georgian buildings and is situated at the top of the elegant Park Street, overlooking a peaceful square in the heart of Bristol city centre.
As the flagship of our group of independent Bristol hotels, our guests are assured of a unique experience. All rooms come as standard with luxurious linen, a complimentary decanter of Bristol Cream sherry, fresh fruit, loose leaf tea, freshly ground coffee and hand made biscuits. As a guest at the Berkeley you also get complimentary membership at The Square, our private members club and award winning restaurant.
Want more luxury? Try our 5 star hotel suites
Clifton Hotels are proud to present The Berkeley Suites, 5 star accommodation that blurs the line between home and hotel. The Crescent houses five luxury hotel suites occupying the entire floor of this grade 2 listed building and feature living space including a kitchenette giving you the option to eat out or dine in. You will find freedom and privacy in the grandeur of our luxury hotel suites, whilst gaining access to the fantastic services and amenities offered by our adjoining hotel, restaurant, private members club and first-class health and fitness facilities.
- Rooms and Policies
- Travel and Local Area
Food & Drink
- Award Winning Restaurant; The Square
- Room Service available
- Stylish cocktail bar, members lounge and terrace garden
- Breakfast - served 7am-9.30am Mon-Fri and 8am-10.30am Sat-Sun
- Our cooked breakfast menu is available for just £12.50 when booked in advance or £18.50 on the day.
- 24-hour front desk
- Check-in from 14:00
- Check-out until 11:00
- Luggage storage
- Early arrival and late departure available on request for £5 (contact reception for details on availability)
- Hotel Parking spaces available for £12.00
- Cannot be reserved
- On arrival at the hotel, reception will issue permits for available spaces
- Room types
- Room serviced daily
- All rooms non-smoking
- Due to the popular on-site bar and restaurant with outdoor terrace, some rooms can suffer from noise - this is mostly, but not exclusively at weekends. To request an upper floor room please contact our reception team
- Laundry and dry cleaning services available
- Free Wifi
- Travel cots available for young children at no extra charge
- Camp beds available for children up to 10 years – charged of £15
- Security assured – when you book through our website your details are protected by a secure connection and used for booking purposes only.
- No booking fees – we do not charge any fees for our booking services.
- Best Price Guarantee – if you find a rate online cheaper than our website, not only will we match it, we’ll take 10% off it!
- Cancellation – on standard rooms, cancellations are free of charge up to 2pm the day before arrival, after this the first nights rate will be charged.
- Prepayment – on non-refundable bookings, payment will be taken at the time the booking is made.
- Pets – furry friends are welcome but please do let us know before arrival. Standard charge is £10 per animal.
- Accepted credit cards Visa, Euro/Mastercard, Diners Club, Maestro, Switch. The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
How to get here:
Bristol Temple Meads Station 1.4 miles
Clifton Down Station 0.7 miles
Bristol Parkway Railway Station 5.5 miles
Bristol Bus Station 0.8 miles
Bristol Airport 7.7 miles
Green Transport Options
Bus: To/from Temple Meads and the Centre, we are best served by the 8/9 buses, and the 1/2 buses. Stop: Park Street Top (outside Sainburys heading towards the Centre; outside Wetherspoons bar coming from the Centre)
Cycle: There are cycle racks on the corners of the Berkeley Square by the parking bays.
Share a Taxi: The nearest taxi rank is on Clifton Triangle, 2 minutes walk from the hotel, outside Sainsburys and Wilko. Otherwise, ask your receptionist to call you a taxi for your party.
Green transport fact – A single car produces the same emissions as a bus carrying 8+ people!
Why not hire a bike? – Talk to our friends at Cycle the City – www.cyclethecity.org
More about our bus routes, timetables, and fares – www.firstgroup.com/bristol
Distance to nearest:
Bristol Zoo Gardens – 1.2 miles
SS Great Britain - 0.7 miles
M Shed Museum – 0.9 miles
Bristol City Museum and Art Gallery - 0.1 miles
At-Bristol Science Centre – 0.5 miles
Bristol Aquarium – 0.5 miles
Clifton Suspension Bridge - 0.5 miles
Bristol Cathedral – 0.5 miles
Will’s Memorial Building – 0.1 miles
Ashton Court – 2.2 miles
Queen Square – 1.0 miles
Tyntesfield – 5.4 miles
Millennium Square – 0.5 miles
Cabot Circus - 1.1 miles
Cribbs Causeway - 6.2 miles
The Galleries – 0.8 miles
Clifton Village - 0.7 miles
Castle Park – 0.8 miles
Brandon Hill Park – 0.1 miles
Victoria Square - 0.6 miles
College Green 0.5 miles
The University of Bristol - 0.2 miles
BBC Bristol - 0.5 miles
University of West England – 4.6 miles
Bristol City Council – 0.5 miles