The Clifton Hotel
The Clifton hotel, Bristol, offers you great value accommodation with excellent service and a relaxed atmosphere. A firm favourite with visitors to the city, the Clifton offers unique hotel rooms ranging from stylish, newly refurbished executive king rooms to fantastic value single rooms perfect for those on a budget.
The Best Value Hotel in Bristol
The Clifton is the original hotel of the group and the largest with 59 rooms. It is located in a terrace of 3 elegant grade-II listed Georgian villas just a few minutes from the Clifton Triangle and historic Clifton Village. The hotel prides itself on providing great value, clean and comfortable rooms in a perfect location for exploring the city. It accommodates a variety of travelers from tourists to corporate guests and is well known for providing high standard professional yet personal service. There are a range of room types to suit all needs from our newly refurbished executive kings to small single rooms great for those travelling on a budget. There are two on site eateries which help to give the hotel its bustling but relaxed atmosphere. The first is Caffe Clifton located in the airy and bright reception area, perfect for a coffee and cake or a smoothie in the garden. Racks Bar and Kitchen located in the old wine cellar of the building is popular with locals and guests alike, serves delicious food and an ideal spot to enjoy a refreshing drink on the sun soaked terrace in the summer months.
- Rooms and Policies
- Travel and Local Area
Food & Drink
- Cosy Racks Bar and Restaurant
- Room Service available
- Vibrant Caffé Clifton with terrace and garden
- Breakfast - served 7am-10am Mon-Fri and 8am-10am Sat-Sun
- 24-hour front desk
- Check-in from 14:00
- Check-out until 11:00
- Luggage storage
- Early arrival and late departure available on request for £5 (contact reception for details on availability)
- Hotel Parking spaces available for £8 a night
- Cannot be reserved
- On arrival at the hotel reception will issue permits for available spaces
- On-street parking available in surrounding area - metered between 9am-9pm Mon-Sat
- Room types:
- Standard Single
- Small Executive Single
- Executive Single
- Executive Double
- Executive King Room
- Room serviced daily
- All rooms non-smoking
- Due to the popular on-site bar and restaurant with outdoor terrace, some rooms can be slightly noiser than others - this is mostly, but not exclusively at weekends. Our fantastic reception team will be more than happy to help you if you wish to request an upper floor room, please contact our reception team
- Laundry and dry cleaning services available
- Free Wifi
- Travel cots available for young children at no extra charge
- Security assured – when you book through our website your details are protected by a secure connection and used for booking purposes only.
- No booking fees – we do not charge any fees for our booking services.
- Best Price Guarantee – if you find a rate online cheaper than our website, not only will we match it, we’ll take 10% off it!
- Cancellation – cancellations are free of charge up to 2pm the day before arrival, after this the first nights rate will be charged. If you have booked a non- refundable booking this will be charged.
- Prepayment – on non-refundable bookings, payment will be taken at the time the booking is made.
- Breakfast - once breakfast has been booked, this will become non-refundable.
- Pets – furry friends are welcome but please do let us know before arrival. Standard charge is £5 per animal.
- Accepted credit cards Visa, Euro/Mastercard, Diners Club, Maestro, Switch. The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
We are located opposite St Paul's Church with signs for both Racks and Caffe Clifton on the premises. If you struggle to find us please give us a ring on 0117 9736882.
How to get here:
Bristol Temple Meads Station 1.7 miles
Clifton Down Station 0.4 miles
Bristol Parkway Railway Station 5.4 miles
Bristol Bus Station 1.1 miles
Private car park available
Bristol Airport 7.8 miles
Green Transport Options:
Bus: From Temple Meads and the Centre, we are best served by the 8 bus (stop: Students Union), and the 9 bus for the return journey into town (stop: Students Union – outside Buckingham Place).
Cycle: There are cycle racks in the Washington carpark, a few doors down from the Clifton.
Share a Taxi: The nearest taxi rank is on Clifton Triangle, 5 mins walk from the Hotel; otherwise, ask your receptionist to call you a taxi for your party.
Green transport fact – A single car produces the same emissions as a bus carrying 8+ people!
Why not hire a bike? – Talk to our friends at Cycle the City – www.cyclethecity.org
More about our bus routes, timetables, and fares – www.firstgroup.com/bristol
Distance to nearest:
Bristol Zoo Gardens - 0.9 miles
SS Great Britain – 1.0 miles
M Shed Museum - 1.1 miles
Bristol City Museum and Art Gallery - 0.4 miles
At-Bristol Science Centre – 0.8 miles
Bristol Aquarium – 0.8 miles
Clifton Suspension Bridge - 0.9 miles
Bristol Cathedral – 0.8 miles
Will’s Memorial Building – 0.4 miles
Ashton Court – 2.1 miles
Queen Square – 1.1 miles
Tyntesfield – 6.2 miles
Millennium Square – 0.8 miles
Cabot Circus - 1.3 miles
Cribbs Causeway – 5.8 miles
The Galleries – 1.5 miles
Clifton Village - 0.5 miles
Castle Park – 1.5 miles
Brandon Hill Park – 0.6 miles
Victoria Square - 0.4 miles
College Green 0.8 miles
The University of Bristol - 0.4 miles
BBC Bristol - 0.2 miles
University of West England – 5.2 miles
Bristol City Council – 0.8 miles